Another school year is just around the corner and you definitely want to make a good first impression. Remember, your smile is one of the first things people notice about you. That’s why it’s so important to take care of it. Cavities aren’t just for little kids—you can get them at any age. When you consume sugary foods, soda, juice or energy drinks, you put yourself at risk for tooth decay and gum disease. Be smart. Always brush your teeth twice a day for two minutes and floss once a day.
The bottom line for smiles that are healthy on the inside and out:
- Always brush your teeth twice a day with fluoride toothpaste for two minutes
- Floss between your teeth daily
- Avoid sugary and starchy snacks
- Wear a mouthguard when you’re active
- Don’t smoke
- Don’t pierce your lips or any part of your mouth
- Call our office to schedule a back to school checkup. Regular dental visits will help set you up to be Mouth Healthy for Life.
To schedule a back to school checkup call our office at (305) 670-5100 or visit us at http://www.miamismile.net/