The quality of your smile can affect your work life, social life, romantic life. Research shows that people who smile more often are ragarded by others as more positive and competent. Long-term studies suggest that those who smile more often are more positive and happy in life. Improving your smile can open doors to new opportunities, and make you feel happier and more satisfied in your life.
Table of contents:
- Brush your teeth correctly
- Buy the right toothbrush
- Buy the right toothpaste
- Floss your teeth at least once per day
- Avoid foods and drinks that are bad for your teeth
- Go to the dentist regularly
- Whiten your teeth
- Consult your dentist about possible dental work
How to Brighten Your Smile?
Brush your teeth correctly
The single most important thing you can do to keep your teeth healthy is to brush them two to three times a day. A lot of people fall short in this area, so make sure you understand exactly how you should be brushing your teeth.
- Each time you brush your teeth, you should brush for approximately two minutes. Try using a timer to help you get the timing right..
- Don’t brush more than three times a day, or you may end up causing more harm to your teeth.
- Wait at least thirty minutes after eating before brushing your teeth to avoid spreading acid around your mouth and wearing down your enamel.
Buy the right toothbrush
There are a lot of options for toothbrushes these days, but luckily choosing the right one for you is rather simple. Look for a brush that is comfortable for you and makes it easy to clean your teeth thoroughly.
- Make sure the head of your toothbrush is small enough that you are able to reach all of the surfaces of your teeth, even the back ones.
Buy the right toothpaste
Plain fluoride toothpastes are best. Tartar fighting and whitening toothpastes can damage your enamel and the structure of your teeth. If you do use these products, it’s a good idea to use them for only short periods of time.
Floss your teeth at least once per day
It’s best to floss in the evening to remove all of the food particles that accumulated during the day. Just like with brushing, there is a proper technique.
Avoid foods and drinks that are bad for your teeth
Many common foods, especially those high in sugar or acid, can eat away at the enamel on your teeth. Other substances, like coffee, and tea, can stain your teeth. Avoid these substances if possible, and consider rinsing your mouth out with water right after you enjoy them. Avoiding bad foods and dring are great ways to brighten a smile.
Go to the dentist regularly
Most dentists recommend checkups every six months, but some studies suggest that adults can stretch that to once every 18 to 24 months. If you have tooth decay, cavities, staining, or other dental problems, you should go to the dentist more often.
- Even if you don’t have any obvious dental issues, go to the dentist regularly, as they can catch cavities and other problems, such as gum disease and oral cancer early.
Whiten your teeth
If your teeth are discolored, you might consider whitening them at home with store-bought whitening toothpastes or gel. Your dentist can also professionally whiten your teeth, which will most likely give you better results.
- If whitening products cause you to experience sensitivity in your teeth, stop using them.
Consult your dentist about possible dental work
If you are really uncomfortable with your teeth, consider getting dental work.
- You don’t like the shape of your teeth, you can consider having your natural teeth contoured by a dental professional.
- If you have chipped or damaged teeth, you may want to ask your dentist about veneers, which are thin layers of porcelain that bond to your existing teeth. These can also help if you want to change the shape of your teeth.
- If you are missing teeth, you could might consider getting tooth implants, dentures or bridges.
Thank you for reading this ways to brighten smile blog!